Carlton’s Interiors was founded in New Britain, CT in 1932. After nearly 40 years in the Carlton family, the business was sold to long time employee, Jim Stevens and his wife Virginia. In 1975, seeking a larger space, Jim and Virginia moved the business to a brand new location at 60 Chamberlain Highway in Berlin, CT. Carlton’s added many new products and services but the biggest change came in 1985. After the hiring of Nancy Trott, decorator, a few years earlier, Nancy and Jim completely re-designed the store into the decorating salon it has evolved into now by adding furniture, flooring and custom made draperies to our offering. Although Jim passed away in 2002, Virginia still watches the business grow, following the same principles of honesty, integrity and value that has made such a positive impact to CT families for the last 78 years.